The North Pine facilities are located approximately 55 km north of Fort St. John. The North Pine 1 Liquids Separation Facility is designed to process 10,000 bbls per day of NGL’S. AltaGas recently expanded & started up North Pine 2. This expansion has increased the facility capacity to 20,000 bbls per day of NGL’S. The NGL’S are separated into propane, butane & condensate. The propane, butane & condensate are loaded onto rail cars. Taking day to day direction from the North Pine Senior Rail Operator this position is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the North Pine facility. This position will be based out of Fort St. John. Preference will be given to candidates who currently live in the Fort St. John area or who are willing to relocate to the Fort St. John area.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Adherence to all AltaGas Policies, Standards, Procedures and Practices.
- Recognizes and avoids inappropriate risks.
- Considers consequences and impacts; consults with senior personnel before taking action.
- Reports and investigates facilities’ safety incidents.
- Match loading schedule to bill of lading.
- Measures rail cars in adherence to specific load instructions.
- Completes loading records.
- Ensure that rail cars are positioned at proper loading rack.
- Visually inspects the rail cars to be involved in the upcoming transfer in order to ensure that everything is mechanically sound and there is no defective equipment before loading or unloading.
- Connection of load arms/hoses/ground straps.
- Check for the last product contained.
- Load rail cars according to loading instructions using gauges and/or strapping tables.
- Ensure that product loaded does not exceed DOT certification for the particular car being loaded.
- Ensure the stenciling on the car is correct and in date.
- Check volume of the rail car after loading to ensure that gross weight is not exceeded.
- Communicate with North Pine Senior Loader on any problems as they occur.
- Disconnect loading arm/hose and inspect for any leaks prior to releasing the rail car.
- Placard the Mode of Transport.
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Industrial Rail Way Operator Level 1
- Rail Car Safety & Securement
- Rail car Mover Operator ( Track mobile )
- Track Inspection Level II
- TDG Certification
- Proficient computers skills with (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- 4th Class Power Engineering certificate would be considered an asset.
- Gas plant and power generation experience would be considered an asset.
- Heavy equipment operating experience would be considered an asset.
If you would like more information on this position, please contact Maureen Sander at 403-691-7169.
AltaGas is a great place to grow! If you are interested in applying to this position, please review the Employee Transfers Policy (http://altanet/HumanResources/Shared Library/HR-P020.docx). Any discussion of this position would remain confidential until a formal application is made.
Referral Bonus Program
We encourage employees to refer qualified employees to AltaGas for vacant positions. Please send all referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information on AltaGas’ Referral Bonus Program, please review the policy (http://altanet/HumanResources/Shared Library/HR-P028.docx).
External recruiting efforts may have commenced at this time.