ATCO Two Rivers Camps Services Ltd is seeking applications from local job seekers in the Peace River region of British Columbia.
Under the direction and leadership of the Lodge Manager we are seeking for a Bookkeeper / Front Desk Clerk to join our Camp Services department at our BC Hydro Site C Lodge located in British Columbia. The Bookkeeper / Front Desk Clerk is responsible for maintaining overall financial and accounting records for the Camp and verifies the procedures used for recording financial transactions. This person is also responsible for all front desk duties, processes and responsibilities, ensuring client needs are met.
Located: 7 kilometers southwest of Fort St. John, BC. This is a rotational based position.
- Runs all daily/weekly/monthly reports as required
- Maintains camp software system
- Verifies and posts purchase invoices and debit notes. Ensures that the entries have correct department codes, information and amounts.
- Verifies and posts sales invoices and credit memos. Ensures that the entries have correct department codes, information and amounts.
- Follows controls that all regular monthly invoices are posted to the corresponding month and vendor.
- Reviews and balances the monthly reports, addressing any discrepancies
- Prepares monthly entries for all A/P and A/R transactions
- Distributes inventory lists to the head of each department to use for month end inventory.
- Prepares charges and statements, daily cash outs and bank deposits
- Acts as a first point of contact for lodge guests and processes check ins/outs
- Coordinates and supports Guest Services, ensuring client queries are answered
- Handles incoming phone calls and directs accordingly
- Performs general administrative tasks such as ordering office supplies
- Actively involved in ensuring they are following safe and sound procedures and are adhering to government regulations as well as ATCO Structures & Logistics Health and Safety, policies and procedures.
- Post-secondary education in accounting, finance or administration preferred
- 2+ years’ experience working in accounting, finance or and accounts payable/receivable role
- Prior experience working with Oracle an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Detail oriented, organized and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment
- Proficient using MS Office programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel
Interested candidates should submit their resume to www.atco.com/careers
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal BackCheck.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies. To review our entire Privacy Commitment, please click on the Privacy link at the bottom of this page.