Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.TM Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
The Field Sales Representative (FSR) will cover Fort St. John and the surrounding area. Ideally the successful candidate will reside within these boundaries. Reporting to the Sales Manager for the Northern Region, the Representative will be focused on developing strong and ongoing relationships with current and prospective clients. The FSR will be responsible for selling all services represented in the Waste Processing, Waste Management and Metals business units. Their credibility as a sales professional will be magnified by their ability to understand clients’ specific production, completions, environmental and drilling challenges. As part of the sales team, the Field Sales Representative will be responsible for: prospecting, developing leads, making sales calls, helping customer with logistics, proposal development, recommending pricing and developing customer specific service offerings.
- Develop new clients through prospecting, networking and performing sales calls on a regular and consistent basis;
- Develop and deliver professional sales presentations to existing and prospective clients to positively position Tervita in its external environment;
- Participate and assist in market research, marketing strategy, promotion, pricing, and public relations activities;
- Implement an individual sales strategy aligned to meet or exceed budgeted sales performance targets, derived from the facility and/or area budget;
- Meet or exceed the sales budgets within the Midstream Portfolio- Waste Processing/Waste Management/Metals
- Analyze economics of potential deals with thorough understanding of general business management, industry and economic trends;
- Analyze, negotiate and implement contracts effectively to ensure service delivery is smooth and accurate;
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about the competitive landscape through competitor analysis;
- Attain a comprehensive knowledge of customers’ business and corporate strategy and integrate this knowledge into all business relationships;
- Provide customer with logistics, pricing and volume information.
- Assisting internal stakeholders such as facility administrators to ensure customers are paying invoices in a timely manner.
- Record all opportunities and communications in Sales Force CRM Tool
- Communicate and collaborate with all levels of Sales and Operations
- Previous experience in sales and or waste related solutions in the North East BC oil and gas / industrial market.
- Previous experience in the oilfield and waste market geographically situated in the Fort St. John and surrounding area is required;
- Previous experience in the industrial waste industry would be an asset;
- Strong oil and gas knowledge with experience in an Exploration and Production or Oilfield Service company;
- Preference will be given to a person with specific knowledge of contracts such as rate letters, plant processes, cost and fees
- Hands on field experience would be considered an asset;
- Grade 12 education;
- Strong computer skills with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint