Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.TM Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
We are currently looking for a full-time Scale Attendant to join our team at the Wonowon Landfill. As a Scale Attendant you are responsible for performing a broad range of service functions in support of efficient and effective Landfill operations. The Wonowon Landfill is located 95 km North of Fort St. John.
- Handle customer inquiries regarding volume, invoices, and statements in a prompt and professional manner
- Greet all visitors and direct inquiries to the appropriate person
- Provide internal and external customers with required information (e.g. daily & monthly wastereports, statements, etc.)
- Provide notification of landfill status, changed hours, etc. to appropriate customers
- Responsible for invoicing information, including customer, wastes, P.O.’s, volumes, truck tickets & contract details
- Manage tickets; confirm locations of material, confirm PO or coding; confirm invoice andmailing address
- Weigh trucks in and out
- Create daily landfill balance & assist with cell depletion reports. Balance landfill daily andattach manifests with the complete landfill balance
- Calculate daily landfill revenue
- Print manifests/scale tickets upon request
- Ensure office supplies are adequate; equipment is maintained; office is organized, clean and
- Maintain up to date and accessible files
- Offer computer support for the landfill; communicate with IT on any computer issues
- Assist with maintaining trucker/contractor orientation list and database
- Assist Administrator with Invoices: ensure invoice information is complete, accurate and timely
- Month end for the facility: ensure that the soil, water and other waste was accurate and balanced with the sum of the daily totals; reconcile any differences
- Administrative, receptionist experience preferred
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- First Aid, CPR, WHMIS, TDG Certification
- Landfill experience would be an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and data entry
- Must be self-motivated and able to function in a team environment
- Must be able to conduct light to medium physical tasks including snow shoveling walkways atsite.
Questions to be added to SuccessFactors for Applicants Mark Questions as Mandatory
Score each question
- Do you have previous Administrative or Receptionist experience?
- Do you have previous Landfill experience?
- On a scale of 1 – 10 (10 being expert), describe your computer knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email?
Numeric Scale – answer preferred – 5.0 and higher
- Do you have previous experience with invoicing?
- This position requires the individual to live within a daily driving distance of the Landfill. Do you live within a reasonable daily driving distance?
No, I would relocate. No relocation assistance would be required No, I would require a camp position
No, I would require relocation assistance
- Do you have First Aid, CPR, WHMIS, and TDG Certification?