Kalmar Construction Ltd
IS HIRING – LABOURERS
We are looking for labourers to join our crew
currently working on various projects at
The Blueberry First Nations Reserve
Please submit your resume to:
Joy at the administration office
Applicants will be contacted for an interview
Stantec Consulting Ltd.
3,000 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done—the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
An opportunity exists for a talented and ambitious Field Technician to support field work for wildlife, vegetation, archaeological, and fish surveys. In this role, you will be assisting with environmental planning, health & safety, data collection, and reporting for several projects in western Canada. This is a contract role that may extend into fall 2020.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Diploma or degree (in progress or completed) in science, social sciences, or a complementary field; related or equivalent work experience will also be considered
- Well-developed computer skills; comfortable working in Microsoft Office and software such as Excel and Microsoft Word
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Able to lift 50lbs and endure long days of physically and mentally challenging field work while maintaining a positive, solutions-focused attitude
- Willingness to be away from home working 12-hour days (including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays) under a variety of outdoor conditions for 14 days at a time or longer
- Proven communication, collaboration, and organization skills
- Experience supporting scientific work, managing data and/or dealing with the public
- Familiarity with environmental provincial and federal regulations and guidelines
- Experience navigating in a wilderness environment
- Experience using auxiliary vehicles (ATV, UTV, Argo) and/or driving with a trailer
Note: Candidates are required to be fit for duty and be able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job postings and interview. This includes working in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather. Please include detailed information on outdoor skills and prior health and safety training.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter with the subject: Field Technician to email@example.com, available at (403) 441-5124. Applications will be accepted until May 15, 2020.
We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment where your efforts will be recognized through a competitive compensation program.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Proposed NGTL Groundbirch Mainline Loop (Saturn Section) and Saddle Hills Compressor Station Unit B4 Addition Project
Anticipated scope of work for the Field Technician role is outlined below.
ATTENTION ALL YOUTH AGED 15+
EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM 2020
Blueberry River First Nations is currently accepting resumes for the Youth summer employment program. You must be returning to school.
In light of Covid19, we are focusing on beautifying our community. We have several positions available in our maintenance department.
So if you would like to earn some cash and gain work experience please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via text 250-262-8837. You will need a piece of identification, your status card, and your sin card. You cannot work without a SIN number.
The Summer Youth Employment program will start June 29, 2010, and end on August 21, 2020. Please submit your resume by June 12, 2020.
If you have any questions contact Patsy Greyeyes 250-262-8837.
RAIL OPERATOR, NORTH PINE FACILITIES
The North Pine facilities are located approximately 55 km north of Fort St. John. The North Pine 1 Liquids Separation Facility is designed to process 10,000 bbls per day of NGL’S. AltaGas recently expanded & started up North Pine 2. This expansion has increased the facility capacity to 20,000 bbls per day of NGL’S. The NGL’S are separated into propane, butane & condensate. The propane, butane & condensate are loaded onto rail cars. Taking day to day direction from the North Pine Senior Rail Operator this position is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the North Pine facility. This position will be based out of Fort St. John. Preference will be given to candidates who currently live in the Fort St. John area or who are willing to relocate to the Fort St. John area.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Adherence to all AltaGas Policies, Standards, Procedures and Practices.
- Recognizes and avoids inappropriate risks.
- Considers consequences and impacts; consults with senior personnel before taking action.
- Reports and investigates facilities’ safety incidents.
- Match loading schedule to bill of lading.
- Measures rail cars in adherence to specific load instructions.
- Completes loading records.
- Ensure that rail cars are positioned at proper loading rack.
- Visually inspects the rail cars to be involved in the upcoming transfer in order to ensure that everything is mechanically sound and there is no defective equipment before loading or unloading.
- Connection of load arms/hoses/ground straps.
- Check for the last product contained.
- Load rail cars according to loading instructions using gauges and/or strapping tables.
- Ensure that product loaded does not exceed DOT certification for the particular car being loaded.
- Ensure the stenciling on the car is correct and in date.
- Check volume of the rail car after loading to ensure that gross weight is not exceeded.
- Communicate with North Pine Senior Loader on any problems as they occur.
- Disconnect loading arm/hose and inspect for any leaks prior to releasing the rail car.
- Placard the Mode of Transport.
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Industrial Rail Way Operator Level 1
- Rail Car Safety & Securement
- Rail car Mover Operator ( Track mobile )
- Track Inspection Level II
- TDG Certification
- Proficient computers skills with (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- 4th Class Power Engineering certificate would be considered an asset.
- Gas plant and power generation experience would be considered an asset.
- Heavy equipment operating experience would be considered an asset.
If you would like more information on this position, please contact Maureen Sander at 403-691-7169.
AltaGas is a great place to grow! If you are interested in applying to this position, please review the Employee Transfers Policy (http://altanet/HumanResources/Shared Library/HR-P020.docx). Any discussion of this position would remain confidential until a formal application is made.
Referral Bonus Program
We encourage employees to refer qualified employees to AltaGas for vacant positions. Please send all referrals to email@example.com. For additional information on AltaGas’ Referral Bonus Program, please review the policy (http://altanet/HumanResources/Shared Library/HR-P028.docx).
External recruiting efforts may have commenced at this time.
For: Blueberry Community Members
Macro is looking for several laborers to start on the pipe crew on Tuesday, October 9 2018. D&A testing is required and orientation is at Hudson’s Hope on Tuesday. This is camp job as well.
Please contact Jen Platman.
Manager, Indigenous and Stakeholder Relations
Phone : 403-464-9691
Click the link to apply- https://jobs.canfor.com/
BC Hydro Upcoming Fieldwork 2018
The spring field season for BC Hydro, Site C is coming soon. For members wanting to participate in this field work must sign up with the Lands Office. Contact Ranish at 250-630-2825 to be put on the list. Valid tickets for H2S, and First Aid are required. There is mandatory Drug and Alcohol testing. Also orientation with BC Hydro, ECOFOR and Golder is required. Signup by May 18th so that Lands department can coordinate the orientation sessions.