TEMPORARY FULL-TIME / PART-TIME POSITION UNTIL FEBRUARY 28th 2021 OR 560 HOURS LOCATION: Surrey, BC [#107, 5668 – 192nd Street] CLOSES: Friday, July 24th , 2020 at 4:30 PM PST
ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud, self-governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens, assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a highly motivated, committed and reliable Youth up to 30 years of age to assist the Ministry of Youth team at MNBC. Hours worked per week are flexible dependent on the successful candidate’s schedule. Employment ends at 560 hours or February 28th 2021, whichever comes first as per Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Reporting to the Director of Youth, the purpose of the Ministry of Youth – Administrative Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs Program) will be to provide administrative support to the department.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the maintenance and creation of content for social media, including but not limited to: Facebook, SnapChat, Instagram, and Twitter
- Assist with advertisement, recruitment, and coordination of virtual and in-person events and forums for Métis youth
- Provide administrative and clerical support such as assembling files, labeling, mailing, scanning, faxing and photocopying, as well as responding to inquiries and other correspondence
- Perform data entry on various projects
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Assist with any other Ministry of Youth tasks and responsibilities, as needed
- Provide support to other MNBC departments where needed
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- High school diploma or equivalency; completion of one (1) year or more of post-secondary schooling is an asset
- Working knowledge of social media and related marketing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to utilize, adapt and embrace new technologies, including Word, Excel and other database/software
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Experience working in an office and team environment, an asset
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of MNBC
- There will be a need to attend meetings and events which may require work and travel outside of the normal business hours.
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license and personal vehicle for work purposes
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST APPLY BY Friday, July 24, 2020 at 4:30 PM PST
Using Canada Summer Jobs Program in the subject line of your email, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Katie Trace, Director of Youth Métis Nation British Columbia Email: firstname.lastname@example.org