Stantec Consulting Ltd.
3,000 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done—the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
An opportunity exists for a talented and ambitious Field Technician to support field work for wildlife, vegetation, archaeological, and fish surveys. In this role, you will be assisting with environmental planning, health & safety, data collection, and reporting for several projects in western Canada. This is a contract role that may extend into fall 2020.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Diploma or degree (in progress or completed) in science, social sciences, or a complementary field; related or equivalent work experience will also be considered
- Well-developed computer skills; comfortable working in Microsoft Office and software such as Excel and Microsoft Word
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Able to lift 50lbs and endure long days of physically and mentally challenging field work while maintaining a positive, solutions-focused attitude
- Willingness to be away from home working 12-hour days (including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays) under a variety of outdoor conditions for 14 days at a time or longer
- Proven communication, collaboration, and organization skills
- Experience supporting scientific work, managing data and/or dealing with the public
- Familiarity with environmental provincial and federal regulations and guidelines
- Experience navigating in a wilderness environment
- Experience using auxiliary vehicles (ATV, UTV, Argo) and/or driving with a trailer
Note: Candidates are required to be fit for duty and be able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job postings and interview. This includes working in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather. Please include detailed information on outdoor skills and prior health and safety training.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter with the subject: Field Technician to firstname.lastname@example.org, available at (403) 441-5124. Applications will be accepted until May 15, 2020.
We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment where your efforts will be recognized through a competitive compensation program.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Proposed NGTL Groundbirch Mainline Loop (Saturn Section) and Saddle Hills Compressor Station Unit B4 Addition Project
Anticipated scope of work for the Field Technician role is outlined below.